Thank you Stewart at Something to Stu Over for nominating me for this fun award. Stewart’s Blog and ministry is focused on helping those with porn addiction. He is insightful and honest.
The rules of this award state:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and make a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award, and then write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blogG
Stewarts Questions for us nominees:
1. How to you spread rays of sunshine (hope) outside of your blog? I try to purposefully be kind to others. (Although I have moments and moods.) I usually try to look for ways to help those around me.
2. What is one cliche’ you cannot stand?What goes around comes around. I can’t stand that we think this is comforting because essentially we are wishing the same onto another and that’s down right wrong. “Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.”
Romans 12:19 KJV
3. What does the term “God’s got this” mean to you? Funny you ask! Yesterday’s post answers it…go here to read it.
4.Out of your hardest trial or struggle, what is the most valued thing you took from that experience? My most recent trial was last fall when I came to terms with the fact that I needed outside help to wade through the junk of my childhood and adulthood addictions that happened before I was saved. I learned that while, in the blink of an eye, God can wipe away anger, jealousy, fear, addiction, rage, etc. most of the time He won’t because it would be like giving your kid everything they wanted when they wanted it. They’d be spoiled and never appreciate working for anything. We teach them through delaying their gratification. We teach theme by negative experiences. And God lovingly teaches us to overcome these things so when we are faced with them again, we can rise above them! Whoo-hoo! It’s a triumphant feeling when we do!
5. If you could go back and live in any time period what would it be? 1870’s-1900’s right in the brink of the century changing. Changing times. So many new discoveries being revealed at this time.
6. What is your favorite board game?Scrabble…except when my opponents cheat by digging up imaginary words!
7. If you could cure one addiction to where no one could relapse, which one would it be? Opioid addiction…it’s devastating to see what lengths people will go to feed that monster.
8. What do you cherish most about your relationship with Jesus? Well hmmm…His love? His mercy that’s new everyday? His promise of everlasting life? All of the above!
9. If your life were to be made into a movie, what genre would it be?Documentary titled: Generational Curses Can Be Broken
10. What made you choose the title for your blog? He gave me a new life! Completely new. And I’m ready to share it to help others.
11. If you were to create your own blog award, what would the name of the award be and what would be it’s description? The Pay It Forward Award. Where one person highlights another’s blog. Write a synopsis about the blog and why others should follow that blog. Whoever has been highlighted must then pay it forward by highlighting another’s blog.
Here’s what I want to do with this award this time. I’m going to break the rules. For my nominees, I’d like you to answer one question. What is your testimony? I want you, if you choose, to write where you were in your life when God pulled you out and into His marvelous light. Make it as long or short as you want. Write a poem or even a short story, whatever tickles your fancy that we the readers can have an idea how your life changed when you met God.
My Nominees are
Bruce at Reasoned Cases for Christ