I want to try to write about my day to day life a bit and share it with you all. I’m always looking for ways to deal and cope with life and this may help as well.
The devotionals I was trying to write were fun. But I’ve found it’s really hard to be inspired on a daily basis to come up with something that can be turned to a lesson moment.
Poems still come to mind, but they come in waves. Sometimes they’re flowing in and I write and write. I’ll go back in my drafts the next day and am astounded to read what I’ve wrote. Those are the fun, “I knew it was God” times. Then there are poems birthed by one line. A line that usually comes when I’m in the shower or driving. Two places you can’t write in. Got one brewing right now. 🐄🐄 here’s a hint…cattle.
We had a garage sale over the weekend. Whew lots of work for little money. I was glad my husband helped with the majority of it. Thank you Mike. If you’re thinking about having one…take it from me. Don’t. Just don’t. Go fishing. Go for a bike ride.
My little one turned 7 this past weekend. We had a party for her at the park/splash pad. She said “best birthday ever!” when we got in the car. That’s when a parent knows they did a good job.
This week I struggled with feelings of wanting to tell someone off. A certain individual….a sandpapery person, as my friend Renee puts it. My flesh was flared up. My mind was wrapped in a conversation I wanted to have. I physically had to stop myself from making a call or writing a text several times. I don’t say this to brag. I say it to share…because deep down I don’t want to think a thing about any of it. I want so badly for it to blow over. But anger takes hold. Self righteous thoughts come tumbling in. Then compassion for the individual shows up. Then confusion. Then conviction. Ever been here? No fun. I’m on the backside of it, I believe. So that’s my God answering prayers.
Things I learned this week…
- Writing isn’t always as easy as some may think
- You make about 25 cents an hour when you have a garage sale. 👎
- Birthdays should never go ignored. They don’t have to be over the top. They just have to be about celebrating the child.
- If you have a friend or two that you can count on to pray for you, you should reach out in your times of need and ask them to pray for you. Thank you Mandy!
- Not responding, but turning the other cheek is taking the higher ground.
- People can hurt you and you don’t have to hurt them back.
- You can win a war by simply not engaging.
- Saying “they will get what’s coming to them” isn’t a good way to make yourself feel better. Although it may be true that vengeance is the Lord’s; we shouldn’t wish His vengeance on our enemies but rather that they come to terms with their behavior, repent and change.
- This is all easier to write than to do!🙄
Lastly, thank you to those of you who nominate me for awards. I’m sorry to those I don’t get to. I’m still open to them but most likely will do 1 out of every 5.
14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Lastly, Stu I stole your title! It was too good not to! Be blessed🙃