Thanks Stu for this nomination. This is a new one to me and I’ve been given to some good questions to answer. Read Stuart’s blog today to get godly help and insight into overcoming addiction.
Here are the guidelines:
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
6. Ask 7 questions for those you choose to participate.
My Questions from Stu…
1. What is the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
I’ve had some real weird dreams. Most of the time I’m driving a car with no steering wheel. Or digging through shoes or clothes but I cant find what I’m looking for. My favorite dream was when I was little and I found myself sitting Indian style on the ground. I begin to go upward. Flying but with my legs still criss-cross applesauce the whole time. I have a pulley above my head with cords and a handle for each hand. When I pull on the right I fly left…when I pull on the left I fly right. It was the best dream.
2. If money was no object, where would your dream vacation be?
I always wanted to go where the sand is white and the water is blue. Then I’d love to stop in Venice, Italy for a gondola ride through the streets of water. Then to Jerusalem where I would see the Gate Beautiful and Mount of Olives…(preferably on the day Jesus comes back!)
3. How do you envision Heaven to be?
I’ve written a few poems on heaven and how I see it…here they are…
4. If money didn’t matter, what would your dream job be?
Funny thing is that I would always, always answer this with….I’d be a LSW, therapist, counselor. But this past year God has healed me of shame in such a major way. My dream job/ministry would be traveling and publically speaking to women who have had abortions and are now saved and not able to get beyond the guilt and pain of what they’ve done. (Stu this was one of your questions asked to you and I didn’t realize it until after I answered it. But I’m keeping it here as I like this question and my answer.)
5. If Jesus came back today to walk among us for a few months, how would the world treat Him?
I think the doubters would scorn him and maybe even try to crucify him again. The greedy, takers would try to monopolize on him. Maybe try to get him in Hollywood or a book deal, etc. I think the philosophers would get together with the medical people and try to capture him and dissect him. Lastly, I think us belivers would straighten up real quick. Lol
6. What’s your least favorite thing about adulting?
The moment when I can’t relate to a child. When there’s just no way of remembering how I was at this age or that stage. Which causes me to feel distant from that child and not be able to relate and help.
7. When shopping and walking around with your head up, do you at least smile to those who are walking around you?
Yes. Not as much as I used to. Before this year of change and healing in my heart, I looked for approval in every set of eyes I could. Not so much now but I like to be friendly.
My questions for my nominees:
1. What are some of your blogging goals?
2. What would be the first question you’d ask God when you get up there?
3. Where do you go when you’re feeling way down? Your bed? A friend? The fridge, etc?
4. What’s your advice for a struggling addict?
5. If you could lead one ministry…what would it be and why?
6. Paste your favorite post of yours here and explain why it’s your fav.
7. If you could go back in time, who would you go see and what would you say?
My nominees are:
Little Miss Vanessa Williams