- Thank the person who nominated you to participate.
- Link back to the original post.
- Attach an image that inspires you regarding the month’s theme (or use the original).
- Talk about what this month’s theme means to you.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate one or more people to participate.
- Enjoy the rest of your month ❤
For February, our theme is called: What’s on Your Heart
What’s on my heart? Well many things. I have this overwhelming need that needles at me most days that I just don’t have enough time. No time to do laundry…who wants time for that? No time to lounge or read…although I’ll take it if I can get it. I am running out of time as a mother. They say it goes quick. But what they didn’t say is how quick!
Also on my heart is learning to let go of things. I tend to hold a grudge. I think there is too much of that time I need, spent being angry and self righteous. I’d like to run through the gears faster and get to the forgiving quicker. Makes me think of Jesus hanging on the cross in the pain he was in. Hours and hours of pain. Praying for those who caused the pain to begin with. Jesus is so awesome!
1. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes because it happened to me 10 years ago. Although I believe love is something that needs nurtured and cared for. I also believe it grows stronger with time. But I knew I loved my husband when I saw him for the first time. I felt as if I knew him for a lifetime in that moment.
2. Do you believe in soulmates?
3. What’s the first thing you notice about a person?
I’m not good at reading people. Not the way I’d like. But I look for a smile. I look to see how quickly or slowly it takes for that smile to appear.
4. What’s your ideal date?
My husband and I go to dinner. He usually finds us a unique restaurant serving ethnic foods for us to try. Then we hit the thrift stores. Goodwill or salvation army. While I go through the clothes and purses, I can find him in the back looking for treasures and antiques. He’s quite fun that way. And we’ve come home with some pretty cool stuff…except for the ugly piggy bank. Nothing says love more than me allowing this pig to stare at me daily from the shelf!
5. What traits do you look for in a friend/significant others?
Kindness. Although we all have our days…weeks; where we are just in a mood or having a hard time…but its kindness I look for in those around me.
6. What are your thoughts on being friends with an ex?
No no no. I’ve watched this play out in other’s lives several times over the years. It never turns out good.
7. If you’re a believer, when did you give your heart to the Lord? If not, what in life keeps a bounce in your step?
I love the way this question is worded because if you read it you’ll see that God is our reason for the bounce in our step.
I gave my heart to the Lord almost ten years ago. I was pregnant and addicted to many things. God cleaned me up. So many think we have to clean ourselves up then come to the Lord. We can never clean ourselves up the way Jesus can! Never! And when He does….a bounce will definitely be in your step!
To answer these previous questions I’d like to nominate