Thank you again to Stu my blogging friend and friend in the Lord for nominating me. He has posed some good questions. I’ve been anxious to get to them but the holiday had me busy, busy, busy. I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. I was in my head alot after all the family and friends left my home. My heart was heavy at times thinking on this one or that one and how things were going. My final thought, after so much of it was, “…bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ” I realized in that moment that God doesn’t want me to even be worrying over others and speculating how their path will turn out. It’s not mine to worry over. I hope that helps someone else. Ok on with the award! Ta-da!
Here are the rules…
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post.
Answer the 11 questions the selector asks of you.
Nominate 5-11 bloggers you want to give the award to.
Ask the following bloggers that you selected 11 questions of your own.
1. How do you spread rays of sunshine outside of the blogging world?
I’m a friendly, too outgoing person who uses humor most of the time. So I tend to make people laugh…even if they don’t want to!
2. By looking at your all-time stats, what are your readers favorite two posts?
3. What are you two favorite posts, either something you have written or something that touched your heart from another blogger?
All That Remains is a poem I wrote that helped me, and still helps me, to remember God has forgiven me for The Whole Truth: Part 3.
Warning I wrote this when I first started writing last spring. I remember going back, reading and realizing that I may have some talent with writing. But I also realized that I had something to give others through my painful past.
One more Broken my first stab at poetry.
4. What is your favorite faith based film?
5. What is your favorite verse in the Bible and why?
2 Corinthians 10:5 anyone who is close to me knows how important I find this scripture as it truly can help to free us from negative thinking and judgemental thoughts. Joshua 1:9 because I have always felt God. Even the nights I would drive home drunk, I’d feel Him there.
6. If given the chance and the trip was free, would go to outer space for a month? Why or why not?
I’d love to go to outer space but only if it was to one of those spinning wheel looking space stations where people can live and thrive. Or on board of the U.S.S. Enterprise…I’m a trekkie, don’t judge and if you are judging, go back and read question #5!
7. What about writing is the hardest for you personally?
I’m finding the hardest thing for me is that I write when my heart is heavy or when I’ve got someone on my mind that needs prayer or encouragement. When things are going smoothly it’s hard to conjure up the words.
8. Could you see yourself as a missionary?
Sshh…I’ve been avoiding the Lord’s nudging on that chalking it up to…”Was that God speaking or me?”
9. If you had the chance to go on any mission trip where would you love to go?
Germany, Brazil, Africa, South America
10. What is you favorite season of the year and why?
How about this…Winter- when you step outside at night and the snow is deep and it muffles all the sounds to making a quiet night.
Spring- that first warm, windy day that fills your lungs til they almost pop.
Summer- an afternoon rain cools off a hot day and you step outside and you smell the pavement. Almost smells clean.
Fall- the changing of the leaves is so breathtakingly beautiful that you almost drive off the rode as you appreciate it. (That happened just a couple weeks ago)
11. Is there a specific topic that you have wanted to write about but haven’t yet? And if so, what is it?
I’d like to try my hand at daily devotional type writing a bit more but most of the stuff/advice I haven’t even tackled myself let alone try to help another!
Stu, I’m sorry but it’s highway robbery for me again as I’m stealing your questions for my nominees! They are just that good…